Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wow! So lets talk about how cold it is! Holy cow! At the cottage at the bottom of Afton Mountain it was 9 degrees yesterday morning and 11 degrees this morning with a dusting of snow on the ground. Well, maybe more than a dusting, about 2 inches I guess. Temperature has not been over 29 degrees in 4 days. Knowing that this is the time of year when I usually go to the Caribbean and this year that just isn't going to happen....that makes the cold worse in my book. Unemployment is not fun but the light is at the end of the tunnel! I am finished with the training portion of the ALF administrator's course so all I have left is the test and then a job. YEA! Unemployment for 6 months is not okay, especially when I should be in the Caribbean. No news on the parents front. I have decided to let go of some of the responsibility I feel about the situation. I am letting them do the paperwork for this process and keeping my nose out of it. I have enough on my plate. I finished up the black and white quilt I was working on. I can't ever remember making a black and white quilt with applique before. I know I made a black and white quilt for my son years ago but that's the only one I can remember. At any rate, here's some pics of the black and white. I made it from Moda "Little Black Dress" fabric and I think it's quite smart, don't you? I have enjoyed working with charm squares and finding a different way to make quilts with them. Let me know what you think.  Till next time, stay warm!  sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment