Thursday, January 10, 2013

I think anytime I find out something I didn't know, it's a good day. One of my Facebook daughters (I'll explain that later) put up a status that she didn't think it was nice that the Presidential Inauguration was costing $45 million dollars given what the deficit is in this country. I do agree but that got me thinking....where does the money for this celebration come from? So, where do we go for all the answers? Google, of course! Type in "who pays for presidential inauguration" and yipee! you get the answer. It seems that people are asked to donate to this cause and the top donation can only be $50,000. That's where the money comes from! The other part of FD (Facebook Daughter) comment was that this money could be used for the deficit and I have learned that it is against the law to donate money for the deficit?? What? Given the political state of this country, doesn't surprise me a bit. At any rate, I worked part of this morning and then came home and sat down to work on "Little Black Dress". The results are below. Facebook daughters- see I told you I would get to it! I have two children, Tiffany is now 40 and Bubba (yes, Bubba) is 36. When they were younger and growing up I had the usual children of their respective ages tromping through the house. My daughter Tiffany had 3 very close girlfriends, Christina, Diane and Wendy. They spent more time at our house than they did in their own so they became my "daughters" as well. Kids being kids, go to school, move away, get married, etc. and I lost contact with all of them for years. Recently Tiffany found them again on Facebook so I now have all my daughters back. Keep quilting until you can't see! Later! Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment