Sunday, January 20, 2013

RAISING PARENTS-We go into 2 days past working with the attorney to file the bankruptcy for my parents. Dad is convinced that this is the right road for them to go down and I tend to agree with him. He is handling this better than I thought he would. I was afraid his generational issues would hold him back or make him think he's doing the wrong thing or somehow being afraid of getting in trouble. Although I never could figure out who with. He's always paid his bills, he's always had too many but that's a different story for another day. We talked on the phone today, he went to church, has made some friends, is willing to chip in and volunteer for some things at the church that he can do so I'm feeling that he is on the right track, at least for now. Mom, on the other hand has no interest in doing any of that and somehow I think that's better. It allows him to make a life without her. He will go crazy if he can't get away from her. I understand that. He's going forward, that's all I can ask. I've been working on a black and white quilt top made from Moda's Little Black Dress fabric. It really is quite striking, I'll post some pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment