Friday, February 22, 2013

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival

February 22, 2013
I had such a fabulous time at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival yesterday!  The bus from Cottonwood (the local quilt store), left at 7am and we got to the Festival about 10am.  It was in Hampton, VA.  The place was packed to the brim with quilters and it was such fun to shop for a solid 6 hours and look at nothing other than quilts, fabric, gadgets, etc.  Like a big candy store for quilter's.  Highly recommend it for anyone who has an opportunity to go to any quilt festival.  The bus got back to Cottonwood around 7pm and I then drove home and fell into bed...exhausted!
I'm sharing some pictures I took of the quilts that were on display there.  For the disclaimer, I did not make these quilts.  They were on display at the Festival and there was nothing to indicate that pictures were prohibited.  The red quilt won "Best in Show", when you see it, you'll understand why!  Some of the pics are somewhat fuzzy, sorry about that.
Enjoy the pictures, I'll write more about my purchases later, right now I'm still exhausted!










No comments:

Post a Comment